Eye Allergies: 6 Tips for relief from itchy watering eyes
Eye allergies – red, itchy, watery eyes that are bothered by the same irritants that cause sneezing and a runny nose among seasonal allergy sufferers – are very common.
If you think you have eye allergies, here are a few things you should know – including helpful tips on how to get relief from your red, itchy, watery eyes.
- Get an early start. See your eye doctor before allergy symptoms start this year to learn how to reduce your sensitivity to allergens.
- Try to avoid what’s causing your eye allergies, whenever possible.
- Don’t rub your eyes if they itch! This will release more histamine and make your eye allergy symptoms worse.
- Use plenty of artificial tears to wash airborne allergens from your eyes. Ask your eye doctor for the best brands.
- Cut down your contact lens wear or switch to daily disposable lenses to reduce the build-up of allergens on your lenses.
- Consider purchasing an air purifier for your home, and purchase an allergen-trapping filter for your furnace.