While not an exact science, there are definitely ways the help ensure you hire the best staff for your office. It
begins with placing an ad that will get a response from the type of candidate you’re looking for. But the most important part of all is the interview process and asking the right questions.
Here is a list of my favorites:
• Why did you leave your last position?
• What did you like best about your job?
• What did you like least about your job?
• What are your three best qualities as an employee?
• What are three areas you think you could improve as an employee?
• Tell me about your favorite supervisor and why?
• Tell me about your least favorite supervisor and why?
• If you could create your perfect job, what duties would it entail?
Sometimes it takes time for people to come up with answers to these questions.
But be patient and give them time – most importantly be quiet and let them talk. Interviews are all about learning as much as possible about your prospective candidates. You can’t learn if you do all the talking.
This article was submitted by Sandi Yankee of Optometric Business Solutions.